Last night as Dani and I were getting ready to leave the restaurant, I received a text from former server Amanda on the six truths in life…
1. You cannot stick your tongue out and look up at the ceiling at the same time, a physical impossibility.
I read that to Dani, said, “Oh bullshit,” stuck my tongue out and tilted my head back at the ceiling. She did the same thing. Then she said, “Maybe they mean keep your head level and roll your eyes up while your tongue is out.” We both tried that successfully. I suggested that maybe they meant roll your eyes up and stick out your tongue at the exact same time. We tried that and I was better at it than Dani. She said it felt weird. After practicing for about 5 minutes, we agreed “truth” #1 was bullshit and I went on to read…
2. All idiots, after reading #1 will try it.
Oops. Got us there. I nearly peed my pants laughing. I’m so glad we were in the waitstation and not out in the dining room where the cameras are.
3. And discover #1 is a lie.
4. You are smiling now because you are an idiot.
Guilty as charged.
5. You soon will forward this to another idiot.
Yep. Enlisting Dani in my antics was the same as forwarding, only much more fun.
6. There is still a stupid smile on your face. I sincerely apologize about this, but I’m an idiot and I needed company. Gotcha!
I’m still laughing about it hours later. I don’t get punked very often, but that was a good one.