This has been a busy week at the restaurant as far as personnel.
- Dummy Ashley quit with no notice. Buh-by. No, it wasn’t anything I did.
- One of the cashiers has been in jail since the 1st. Obviously, she parties better than I do.
- Boy Cook Zach got fired. This makes me sad. He has some really tough times in front of him and being jobless isn’t going to help.
- Favourite Person Kayla put in her two weeks notice for a better job. I’m happy for her, but I don’t want her to go.
I’ve been really bummed out since my last post and writing hasn’t been at the top of my “To Do” list.
- It’s been cold, cold, cold here and I learned that even if you leave the water dripping, the HOT water can still freeze. D’oh. We got the hot water working on Sunday so now both the hot and the cold water are dripping.
- My son went back to Laramie yesterday and once again it’s the dogs and I. I like having my solitude, but I like spending time with my boy, too.
- People have been cheap as hell since right after Christmas. Head’s up to the people at Table 10: A “good” tip is not 5% or less. Don’t kid yourself. I know this will pass, but it adds to the stress and depression.
- There’s a lot of animosity, strife and personal issues at the restaurant right now. This too will pass, but I have a panic attack and cry on my way to work 4 out of 5 days. While I’m at work, I keep quiet and pretty much to myself because a storm’s brewing. The crossword puzzles are a blessing, let me tell you.
Spring and summer are just around the corner, which will bring new people and more money. I’m counting the days…