- Apparently, when you stay out all night drinking, pass out at the employee table for 20 minutes, scream “Fuck you” and slam the back door in the managers face when he tells you that you can’t go home you get fired. Who knew?! This is the kind of shit that’s been going on for months now with one server. She showed up when she felt like it, passed out in the waitstation for most of her shift, constantly texted on her phone when she wasn’t passed out, had a disgustingly shitty attitude with anyone in authority, and was pretty damned rude with the customers. She dragged morale down to the ‘who gives a shit’ level. One bad apple… Hey! I hear Burger King is hiring.
- Darren must be a mind reader. How else would he know I’d roll back into town dead broke and would need to work the next 6 days straight? My schedule has been readjusted to cover the vacant shifts and now I have Sundays and Mondays off. I’m not wild about having two days off in a row, but we’ll see how it goes. Ash Wednesday is going to be a problem…
- The restaurant is hiring the summer help. I work with the first new person tonight. I hope she was trained well.
- We are no longer allowed to touch or even think about the crosswords. That’s a bummer, but it’s getting busier so we haven’t had time to do them in a few weeks anyway.
- “Smile or you’re fired” is the new slogan.
All in all, the changes are for the best.